30-Minute ER Advantage
Timing is everything in an emergency. At Jennersville Hospital, we understand that the faster you receive care in the Emergency Room, the better your outcome can be. That’s why you can count on our 30-Minute E.R. Advantage – our pledge to have you initially seen by a medical professional within 30 minutes of your arrival to the E.R. This is our commitment to every patient we serve, 24 hours a day and seven days week. Our team of board certified emergency physicians are dedicated to providing prompt and compassionate care, specializing in conditions that require immediate, advanced treatment only available in a hospital setting. And, our affiliation with Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children means that pediatric emergencies can be immediately directed to a specialist nearby. Regardless of what brings you into the E.R., you can have peace of mind knowing specially trained teams delivering the latest diagnostic and treatment options are available in your local community E.R. — when and where you need them most.
Your E.R. Advantages:
- Open 24/7 for reduced wait times and around-the-clock availability for any emergency
- Quicker access to our specialized team of board certified emergency medicine physicians
- Advanced emergency services across various specialties and conditions including cardiology, orthopedics and sports medicine
- Comfortable private rooms to accommodate patients and their families
Reasons to Go to the E.R.:
Many medical conditions are considered emergencies because they require rapid, advanced treatments that are only available in a hospital setting.
When should you prioritize medical care and head straight to the E.R.? The following conditions or symptoms warrant immediate attention by professionals specially trained in emergency medicine:
- Head or eye injuries
- Deep cuts
- High fevers
- Fevers with rash
- Repeated vomiting
- Broken bones and dislocated joints
- Serious burns
- Bleeding that won't stop or an open wound
- Seizures without a previous diagnosis
- A sudden change in mental state
- Symptoms of a stroke or cardiac arrest
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, immediately call 9-1-1.